Friday, May 15, 2009

Dusty



Your dog house lies empty now
You're not sunning on its roof
You're not racing around the grass
I don't hear you woof woof woof, woof.

I've put away your bowl and leash
And all the things you won't be needing
I won't look out the window to see you
Take you for our walks,
Or see your brown eyes pleading.

But I will miss you my friend
For I could never measure
The happiness a dog could bring
The comfort and the pleasure.

And since you were put here to share
In earthly joys and sorrow
I'm sure there's a place for you
In heaven's bright tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I like this post,Joyce. I'm a dog lover. No matter how the world beats me down. I open the door to my house and my little Jacques tells me that I am the most important person in the world. His only fault, and that of all dogs is that his lifespan is too short. Oh and he sometimes poops on the floor. Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho sweetie, I'm with you with my whole heart to make your loss a little lighter. Whised we could go for a walk and a coffee to talk, remember and so much more. It will be so weird not seeing Dusty the next time I'm around. Take care, lots of hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! They truly are our best friends. God bless you and I appreciate your thankfulness for the time you did share together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I tried leaving a comment this past weekend but I don't think it went through. I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words about my dog Suki. I hope you are coping ok with your own loss. I can tell from your photos that Dusty was a joyful and loyal companion. Dogs have the sweetest souls and they add so much to our lives. Thank you once again for taking the time to visit and leave such a nice comment behind.

    ReplyDelete