Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm late, I'm late, I forgot the date!!

One cannot manage too many affairs
Like pumpkins in the water
One pops up while you try to hold down the other
(Chinese proverb)
*
To do two things at once
Is to do neither
(Publius Syrus)
*
Take care of the minutes
and the hours will take care of themselves
(Lord Chesterfield)
*

I am overextending myself
I cannot say no
-
I am close to using the stress management skills
Which have been tried and true
But are unhealthy all the same.
-
Instead, I am using my blogging
-
If I'm not careful,
Like a spent bulb
I will soon burn out
-

(But I will visit your blogs as soon as I can, I miss y'all!)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh...I am stealing thee quotes! Yes, robbery! And Joyce, I LOVE the new picture at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that broken light bulb. I have SO been there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this time of year is always crazy....
    you'd think by now I'd have it all figured out, but I don't and I get frustrated and behind....

    oh well...there's always next year to get my act together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent quotes. great picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Chinese proverb is great ... and your snowflake photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh is so wonderful to see you all again. Miss you so much maybe even more around these days when the fam. is together. just as I miss Aunt Tonny badly.

    Love your new layout. It look so professional. Mail you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink. I love Chinese proverbs. It is a crazy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've described my day--perfectly right now to the broken light bulb. Thanks for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete