Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mrs. Scrooge??

Christmas is over
THANK YOU!!
Only a few more days until I can clean Christmas up and stick it in the shed
for another year.
*
I am not a Christmas person
Not a holiday person of any sort
I much prefer ordinary days
*
However,
there are some parts of Christmas that I do like,
One of those being my village.
*
That is one of the things I wish I could keep up all year round.
If I had a bigger house, I would devote one room to a village
I've always loved making miniatures
Model train sets, Lego villages, doll houses
So, this would be my favourite Christmas "tradition"
*
I do want to make a Christmas scrapbook
the pages featuring my favourite ornaments and other parts of Christmas that I do enjoy
So as I pack away Christmas for another year,
I may have to photograph the special things
*
Because, although I started out writing as Mrs Scrooge
I have to concede that
even I
enjoy some parts of Christmas.
*
And if that wasn't a rambling conglomeration of thoughts with no direction to them whatsoever
Then I don't know what it was
*
Apologies!!

5 comments:

  1. Wrapping mine up soon but keeping it in my heart through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you're planning on doing, making a scrapbook or pages out of what's precious to you. You sure don't sound like Scrooge to me! lol

    Have a wonderful and blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wrapping it up in the next few days! Love your village--I have no room or patience for one! I just enjoy the friends who have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm we are family aren't we? I do love christmas yet in a way I'm also glad to get into ordinary days and clean it all up. Now I'm off going to town and celebreate my birthday over a lunch with my guys.
    Love yea.
    Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 2011! wishing you peace and happiness.
    xox

    ReplyDelete