Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day in the eyes of a 17 year old in love

He thinks that he is love
and who am I to say that he's not?


I was 17 and in love at one time
And the love lasted to this day

I have never seen him so excited for Valentine's day
He had big plans:

She was going to sleep over the night before
(with him sleeping on the couch of course)

He had bought her flowers
and sought out my advice as to how to keep them fresh for the next day

He bought her a box of chocolate
 and was proud of how satiny smooth the box he picked out was!

He would make her breakfast in bed
(with my help of course!)

They would not go to the school on Valentine's day
(I know, I know, but I can turn a blind eye once in a while)

They would go public skating
and then go horseback riding with her horses.

They would go to dinner (probably A&W or Subway!)
And then go to a movie.

So how did it all turn out?
~~~
Well, other than the fact that he wouldn't believe me
when I told him that you can put more than three pieces of bacon in the pan at once,

and he wouldn't believe me
when I told him they did not have public skating when everyone is supposed to be in school,

Things went as planned.
 ~~
To be 17 and in love,
Would I do it all over again?
I don't think so!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce - I've been working my way through your blog (from the top down) and thought I'd leave a comment here. A very nice capture, in words, of what it was like to be in love at 17 ! I'm sure most of us remember some of the awkward moments, and the times when our feet barely touched the ground !

    A wonderful blog !

    btw - I make sure to get out of the way when my wife gets hit by that cleaning bug ! ;-)

    A beautiful header, and your cotton snow photos were lovely ! (fijne zondag)

    ReplyDelete