Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day of blessing


In the midst of the darkness a day of light has come through
September 28 1992 and September 28 1994 were the two most special days
of my life,
the days that my sons were born
 
I was worried that I would be unable to enjoy the day
But a talk with my psychiatrist on Friday combined with the gladness of the day
Enabled me to put aside the darkness
if only for a day
 
After spending time with Trevor and his girlfriend
(Jeremy lives too far away at the moment, sadly)
I was able to go out for a walk with my dog and my camera
and enjoy myself and the surrounds for a change
The nicest walk I've been on for a while
 
I didn't have to notice the possibilities of bad
and was able to appreciate and see the good
 
It was a much appreciated reprieve from the last few weeks
It may not last forever but it lasted for the day
and has spilled over into today
 
The only thing to mar it
was that Monty bonked his anvil-like head against my swinging camera
and now I get a lovely little message saying "lens error, camera will turn off automatically"
That can't be good but I'm sure it can be fixed
I also tore a hole in my shirt climbing through a barbed wire fence
but that too can be mended
 
And if those can be mended
Maybe my broken psyche can be too
If not mended, maybe patched for a while.
 
The bad thing hasn't happened yet
It will but I am not so worked up about it right now.
Tomorrow my husband is back on night shift
and that's when the demons come
but for now, I will believe that I can ward them off again
 
and enjoy the good things in life.

4 comments:

  1. Joyce, I will be praying for you! You are strong and can overcome this. You can! Believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were so good with that camera! And, that first shot?!! I love that one!!!!! Blessings on you....one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, and then there are those days when it's simply one minute at a time. You can do this. You are so worth your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this little uplifting gem recently:

    A well-known speaker started his seminar by holding up a $100 note. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $100 note?" Hands started going up.
    He said, "I am going to give this note to one of you. But first let me do this."
    He proceeded to crumple the note up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?"
    Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"
    And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty.
    "Now who still wants it?"
    Still the hands went into the air.
    "My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It is still worth $100.

    Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel that we are worthless in this world. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special. Don't ever forget it!
    Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams.

    Remember, GOD created you with a purpose ! ! !

    ReplyDelete